April 5, I sent an email to Wilf Hurd, Simon Fraser University’s Director, Government Relations, (Contact info), posing three questions:
- Have you issued a public statement responding to Jonathan Fowlie’s report in the Vancouver Sun stating you caused SFU to pay more than $2,000 spent in BC Liberal Party Fundraisers?
- Further, has it been your practice previously to support a political party with public or quasi public funds?
- Do you intend to resign from your position at SFU?
Not surprisingly, Mr. Hurd chose not to reply.
Reports filed with Elections BC show that Wilfred L. Hurd made ten donations to the BC Liberal Party in 2011, totalling $4,085.
Today, I have additional questions regarding what may be duplicity involving the ex Liberal politician.
1. Did SFU reimburse Hurd for any 2011 donations receipted to Hurd by BC Liberals?
2. Were any reimbursed donations claimed as tax credits on Mr. Hurd’s 2011 tax return?
|From BC Liberal list of individual contributors|
Categories: BC Liberals