CBC News is reporting that the new sort-of-partially-retractable $600 million roof at BC Place cannot open or close when the weather is rainy or windy. I suppose that means none of the designers actually live in Vancouver. CBC website visitors are enjoying themselves, leaving comments such as these:
- It’s always sunny in the Liberal world.
- what next….bathing suits that cant be worn in the water?
- Mr. Campbell will be at the Govt. concession stand renting out umbrellas.
- thank god it’s Vancouver where it never rains.
- reality beats fiction hands down.
- Too bad there is no such thing as a retractable tax dollar.
- as smart as you or me buying a house with a furnace that works – except when it is cold.
- Well why would anyone expect a half billion dollar product to work correctly?
- at least it’s hideously ugly
Northern Insights has written previously about Pavco’s luxurious white elephants. See Bigger, better and largely empty.