- VICTORIA – Finance Minister Colin Hansen noted that business people from around British Columbia are joining the ranks of other business people from around British Columbia who recognize that HST rebates* are key to long term economic prosperity of large businesses. (BC Ministry of Finance)
- KAMLOOPS – A survey of recent lottery winners determined that 92% are in favor of prizes continuing to remain income tax free. (BC Lottery Corp.)
- CLARENCE HOUSE, LONDON – Responding to a media inquiry, Prince Charles said he believes that divorce and remarriage should not preclude him from serving by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas, King, Defender of the Faith, Duke of Lancaster, Lord of Mann, Duke of Normandy, Sovereign of the Most Honourable Order of the Garter and a whole bunch of other Orders too silly to name.
- MONTREAL – Brian Mulroney stated today he believes that a statute of limitations should prevent filing of fraud charges against former Prime Ministers and that libel settlements should never be tampered with once paid to the recipient.
* Rebates are government returns of all the sales taxes paid by business while it keeps all the sales taxes paid by consumers.